Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Derek Jeter to Play Shortstop for Yankees Tonight

My favorite team is the New York Yankees so it would only be natural that my all-time favorite baseball player would be Derek Jeter. I have watched him play for the Yanks for virtually my entire life and have religiously followed his career in pinstripes.

It was hard for me to watch last year when Jeter was injured in New York's ALDS series to the Detroit Tigers last season and it only became worse after Detroit bounced the Yanks from the playoffs.

Jeter had to overcome his broken ankle from October and hast battled back. He was able to rehab and workout in order to be able to play his first start at shortshop tonight for the Yankees since his injury.

I am thrilled to see Jeter return especially considering how the Yankees have been hit hard by the injury bug. New York has seen OF Curtis Granderson and 1B Mark Teixiera going down to injury and will miss some extended time after knowing they'd be missing the bat of 3B Alex Rodriguez for a good chunk of the 2013 season.

The Yankees and Philadelphia Phillies will square off tonight in some Grapefruit League action.

No comments:

Post a Comment