Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Gator Run

On Saturday, I ran in my first "official" 5k run. The Gator Run was truly a great experience. I wasn't sure if I would be able to run that day due to potential obligations for my coursework but I got out there with a few friends and did it.

The run was put together and coordinated through the University of Florida Alumni Association and I believed it was a great success and a lot of fun.

I have run unofficial 5ks before through my training but really enjoyed having a runners bib that included my number. Running alongside 1500 plus students certainly gave me a boost of adrenaline and wasn't even tired after I finished my run.

I will continue to train up until the end of February for a possible run at a half marathon. I am also approaching accomplishing my goal of running 40 miles this month. More posts and pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment